YEA RIGHT! Mother Accidentally Mistakes Gin For Water And Uses It In Baby Formula
Published on March 20, 2010
An Oklahoma City police officer responding to a report of an infant who ingested alcohol could smell liquor coming from the ambulance where the baby was being treated, according to a report released Monday.
Police Thursday arrested the baby's mother, Rayniqua Lashelle Poole, 18, on a child neglect complaint, according to the report. She has not been charged and was released from the Oklahoma County jail on $10,000 bail.
The infant was expected to recover and was taken into state custody.
Poole told police she got up about 5 a.m. Thursday to mix formula with water for her 2-month-old son, according to the report. She said she fed the baby and went back to sleep, and smelled alcohol when she woke up about 10 a.m.
Poole told police she had friends over a few days earlier, and they brought gin in a water bottle that resembled the container she used to mix formula for the baby's bottles. Poole, who described the incident as an accident, had a strong odor of marijuana about her when police arrived, according to the report.